Monday, July 18, 2016

Monday Made It: Scratch Off Prize Tickets


I'm super excited about linking up with Tara at Fourth Grade Frolics for Monday Made It. 
There are tons of inspiring ideas on her blog! You must check her out!

My plan is to prepare birthday bags for my students before September this year. That didn't get done last year and so kids just got an extra prize from the our class toy store....not too special. 
 Kids love getting a birthday treat, no matter how small. 
Target has such cute stuff at their One Spot this year. I grabbed a few things and for under 10 dollars, get to give students a little birthday treat that I know they will be excited about. 
 I'll share the actual completed birthday bag at a later post. 

But one of the things I will add to their bag is a Happy Birthday scratch off prize ticket. 
These are easy to make and kids LOVE them. 
Here is an example of my birthday ticket.  It will be a NO Homework Pass, because no one should have to do homework on their special day, right? 
So let's get to it....
to make it a scratch off ticket you need: 
clear tape 
silver acrylic paint
 dish detergent (any kind)
brush
a ticket


First step is to cover the ticket with the clear tape. 
You don't have to cover the entire ticket, just the scratch off part. 
Kids will turn them in to redeem their prize and I want to reuse these, so I did cover the whole thing. 

You then squeeze out a puddle of paint into a container.
I just used a plastic lid.


Then you add just a couple of drops of dish detergent. 


Mix those two ingredients well.  


Finally, you paint over the prize with the mixture until you can no longer see the words underneath
Let it dry well. 
Kids will be able to easily scratch it off to reveal their prize. 


 HOW FUN!

I also have created some to celebrate other classroom accomplishments. 
I left the prize blank so I can write in different ones that I think my students will be excited about. 


Check the link below for a free file of these scratch off tickets. 


Have an awesome Monday!





0 comments:

Post a Comment