Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Seasonal Reading Response Sheets and Crafts for Fall

Through the year I have posted various seasonal reading response sheets and crafts that I do with my students. As I've written earlier, my goal is to have my students write one reading response a week on an independent reading book.  They do this in a journal and include a short summary of the book and respond with their feelings or make connections.  Once a month I like my students to write a "special" response.  Their audience for this writing would be their classmates because they are recommending a book to their friends to read.  These are posted for others to read and hopefully they will be inspired to read the book as well.

Here is an example of the October response that they do:
The title of this one is: I"ve gone BATTY over this book! 
I taught preschool for a number of years and always love creating seasonal crafts with them.  What I"ve discovered is that third graders are not too old for this type of activity.  In fact they love it and it gives them the opportunity to show off their artsy, creative side.  Although they are all working with the same template, third graders have a way of making it original...I love seeing how they change it up and make it their own!

I've had many requests for the other month's sheets and craft ideas.  I've bundled my fall ones together and am offering them on Teachers Pay Teachers.  I have included the ones for August, September, October and November.  I've taken photos of the crafts so you can see the finished product. 
You can find details about these here:

I appreciate the feedback through email and will be back to reply to other requests I've gotten! I LOVE hearing from you!
Thanks so much- Doris