Saturday, February 25, 2012

Sunday's Words for the Week

I want to first thank those who emailed or commented on last Sunday's words. I love hearing from you about anything I post but treasure those comments from the words for the week posts. Many of you have left me with ideas to think and grow from. Thank you for that.
Here are words in honor of Read Across America and Dr. Seuss.



Yikes, anyone at this stop sign? Are you feeling stuck? Stuck in a bad situation, stuck in a negative place, maybe just stuck in a bad mood?



Then you must read the genius that was Theodor Seuss Geisel.


This is one of my favorite quotes:




What an empowering quote this is. For me it reinforces the idea that every day, every hour, every minute, every moment I can make a choice as to how I want to live my life. Every morning when I rise I can choose what kind of person I want to be, what kind of day I want to have and how I'm going to deal with my world and everything that comes into it. As a teacher there is so much beyond my control and through the years I have gotten better about accepting that. The power comes in choosing my reaction to what is happening. That part (the most important part) is entirely up to me. Do I always react in a positive, uplifting way? I wish I could say yes, but the truth is there are many times I fall short. Yet, the good news is that another opportunity to try again is coming, sometimes in the very next moment.

How about you? What direction are you choosing for the week that lies ahead?

Have a great one,

Doris

Check back and I'll show you how I use this quote with my students!










































0 comments:

Post a Comment