Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday's Words for the Week

First let me thank all my sweet friends who emailed me their 2012 Focus Words. Here are some of them:
Jill's word is Serenity. She wants to find more peace in her day.
Cathy's word is Fearless. She wants to let go of fear and trust.
Jay's words are Eyes Wide Open. She wants to be more aware of all the good in her life and give thanks.
Angie's words are Be Still and Know.
Taylor's word is Patience.

Such good words! They are inspirational!
Nothing moves me emotionally or spiritually more than music. I can relate to the words on this button. In fact, there are many times that music IS playing in the background of my mind! Tell me I'm not the only one!

So my words were inspired by a song. I was driving in the car when I first heard the song, Stones Under Rushing Water, on the radio. Good thing I was alone because tears came streaming down my face on hearing it. I was honestly surprised at how it touched me and at my own response.




Where did the years go? How can it be that I've been teaching for over 20 years? How is it that my son is almost 16? What I wouldn't give to go back and live some of those years again! I want to start living at a slower pace with more appreciation for the small moments that I many times take for granted. So my 2012 words are going to be: Live in the Moment.

Do you have any suggestions/help for me with my goal? I love reading motivational or inspirational book. Do you know of any on the topic? I'm touched by the positive responses you all have given about Sunday's Words For the Week. I LOVE to hear your thoughts! Email or comment below if you would like to share your word with us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment