Saturday, May 7, 2011

Measurement Part Two





Another day, another unit of measurement! We are on to measuring mass with ounces and pounds. For this activity I set up SCOOT stations. I placed a balance scale, set of weights and a food item to weigh. They went to four of the stations and took measurements. These are called SCOOT stations because I give them about 5-7 minutes to take the weight and then I call out SCOOT and they slide to the next one. After getting four measurements they headed back to seats to create a bar graph of the results.

We concluded the lesson by working with this smart board lesson. I have found so many excellent smartboard lessons on smartboard exchange. It is rare that I have to create my own anymore. Why reinvent the wheel when they are right there for the taking! Thanks to all the talented teachers who have submitted them. Wow!







0 comments:

Post a Comment