Saturday, May 7, 2011

Character Traits







One of my favorite times of the day is shared reading or read aloud time. We are reading books related to our study of American Principles and Rights. I connected it to Diversity too as we look at all the immigrants who came to this country in search of freedom and liberty. I read these two books: Henry's Freedom Box and When Jessie Came Across the Sea and my students were touched by both. Afterwards we took a look at these two characters and charted their character traits with the proof from the book. I had them glue a chart of characteristics in their reading logs. We are going over the meanings of them a few at a time each day. A great follow up would be to compare/contrast these characters with a Double Bubble or Venn Diagram.

0 comments:

Post a Comment